990 Spring Garden St #601 Philadelphia, PA
The Director of Human Resources is a key strategic role for understanding and promoting the organizations mission. The Director of Human Resources establishes the strategic direction and priorities for the HR function. This individual will lead a team that collaborates with senior leadership and staff at all levels to address organizational needs, including but not limited to managing employee relations issues and guiding the performance management cycle. Serving as a Business Partner to the organzations leadership and staff in Philadelphia, Chester, and Camden, NJ, The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the proactive and consultative delivery of key HR functions of talent acquisition and management (including recruitment and performance management), employee relations, benefits administration, compensation management, learning and development, HR compliance, and HRIS administration.
Duties and Responsibilities for Director of Human Resources:
- Collaborates effectively with organizational leadership to facilitate the development of HR strategies and tactics that support the organizations priorities, mission, and vision.
- Manages ongoing processes related to the employment life cycle including, but not limited to, recruitment, reassignments, and terminations.
- Accountable for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of HRIS data, including employee demographics and both recurring and adhoc HR reports.
- Develops and implements effective strategies and methods to communicate HR information, including, but not limited to, timely messaging through electronic, telephonic, or vocal channels.
- Oversees administration of the organization’ s performance management, learning and development, compensation planning and administration, and employee relations policies and practices.
- Conducts or facilitates investigations of staff-related incidents, complaints, and concerns.
- Facilitates or coordinates staff training, including leadership development in the areas of performance management and compensation planning and administration.
- Provides ongoing project management to ensure deliverables are met on a timely and quality basis.
- Develops mechanisms to collect and analyze staff engagement and retention data, including exit and stay interviews and pulse survey; uses data to develop recommendations for improving leadership effectiveness and the quality of leadership decisions.
- Assists with establishing and managing supervisory practices that support positive rapport among employees, especially between supervisors and their direct reports; promotes high levels of employee engagement, morale, and motivation.
- Maintains sound working knowledge of compliance with local, state, and federal labor and human relations laws and potential/actual impact on the organization; leads department compliance efforts.
- Works with the President/CEO and other senior leaders to develop sound fiscal management practices for department spending; contributes to the development and implementation of costsaving measures.
- Advances own knowledge and expertise of HR trends, including departmental and organizational best practices, and implements viable options for the organization; shares expertise with others; leads efforts to implement new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve the efficient delivery of HR services; serves as an internal consultant to effect such changes.
- Supervises, coaches, and mentors staff; provides strategic direction and support to HR team members.
- Coordinates the production and delivery of service contracts, offer letters, and new hire paperwork; oversees effective delivery of onboarding and offboarding activities.
Requirements and Qualifications of Director of Human Resources:
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degree in related field, preferred.
- HRCI or SHRM professional designation (i.e., PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP).
- 10+ years relevant progressive Human Resources experience, including related experience in a consultative role and a proven ability to meet client expectations and deliver results.
- Previous experience in an urban education setting, preferred.
- Demonstrated record of serving as an approachable and trustworthy advisor, managing relationships all organizational levels, ensuring exceptional personal interactions, influencing leaders, managing expectations and processes, and meeting service delivery targets.
- Prior experience coaching senior management, with demonstrated program development expertise.
- Broad working knowledge and experience with employment law (PA and NJ), compensation practices, organization development, employee relations, and learning and development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable representing the organization in meetings and larger venues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; exhibits strong desire to collaborate with others within and outside of own department and area of expertise.
- Strong technical aptitude, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Office 365 (Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail