115 W 18th Street 2nd Floor New York, New York 10011 | Direct Hire
Accountant- Mission driven FinTech/SaaS company in Manhattan
Join a small, venture-backed company with a global mission to use technology to make a difference! As the first Accountant hire reporting to the Controller, you will help shape the Accounting function and the company by helping to build sound policies and procedures and grow to take ownership of preparing financial statements. This is a highly visible role with global impact and limitless growth opportunities.
Benefits include competitive salary and stock options, unlimited vacation, and great medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Help the Controller to build a best in class accounting function
- Assist with Month-end close and financial statement preparation
- Own Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process
- Account for proper revenue recognition
- Translate and Consolidate foreign currency entities
- Liaise with external auditors for annual audit
- Create and implement new policies, systems, and procedures
- Work closely with different department leaders and the senior leadership team
Requirements for the Accountant:
- 3+ years of accounting experience and strong foundational accounting skills
- Interest in joining a mission driven, technology forward global company!
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong technology skills, experience with QuickBooks, and strong analytical skills within Excel
- Experience working in a startup/high-growth environment
- Experience implementing policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work autonomously and tenacity to help the Controller build a solid Accounting function