New York, New York | Direct Hire
Accountant – Tech - NYC
Innovative Tech Company in NYC is looking to add an Accountant to their team! You will be vital in supporting the finance team by assisting with month end close, reporting, and on-going projects!
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Reviews, updates and maintains information of the Company’ s business partners, including credit limits, payment terms, etc.
- Charges expenses to accounts and business partners by recording entries and AP invoices.
- Pays vendors, monitors discount opportunities, insures credit is received for outstanding memos;
- Resolves PO, AP invoices and payment discrepancies;
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Schedules and prepares checks, wires and ACH templates;
- Reconciles bank balances on an ongoing basis.
- Verifies collection by reviewing banks schedules and matching them to open receivables.
- Completes weekly cash flow report.
- Maintains all expense reports and assists the controller with monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assists the controller with ongoing reporting and other tasks to headquarters as required.
Qualifications of the Accountant:
- Degree in Accounting, finance or related field
- 2+ years in a similar accounting function
- Team player who can also work autonomously
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, outlook and Excel
- Aptitude in working with accounting software, preferably ERP (SAP a big plus).