New York, NY
We are looking for an Accounting Associate for our client in the food industry in NYC.
This person will join a growing accounting team and company with an opportunity to grow in their own experience in accounting as well. Fast paced start-up environment.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Associate:
- Day-to-day accounts payable management: vendor statement, record and reconcile invoices, etc.
- Researching and responding to inquiries; analyzing and resolving problems related to the payment process in a timely and thorough fashion.
- Defining and ensuring the processing of vendor invoices
- Auditing of supporting documents to ensure proper approvals and G/L account coding.
- Processing electronic payments (wires and ACHs) weekly.
- Managing the reconciliation of brokers commissions on a monthly basis.
- Managing all vendors pre-paid accounts.
Requirements of the Accounting Associate:
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance or similar.
- Experience with Excel and QuickBooks preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills a must.
- Ability and willingness to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Team experience, can-do attitude.