609 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10014 | Direct Hire
Accounting Manager – NYC – Hospitality
Entrepreneurial Manhattan based start-up is seeking an ambitious, detail-oriented Accounting Manager to manage the day to day finances of our rapidly growing business. Reporting directly to powerhouse CFO, the Accounting Manager will be working on month end close, budgeting & forecasting and an incredible environment. If you’ re looking to join a mission driven start up with amazing compensation, coworkers and business plan this is the role for you!
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager:
- Producing accurate and timely financial statements and other reporting on a regular basis, as well as owning the monthly close process, including consolidation of results, P&Ls, preparing, posting and the review of journal entries, creation of all financial reports and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide technical accounting guidance, research and direction for accounting issues and new GAAP/IFRS pronouncements (including revenue recognition and lease accounting).
- Develop, manage, and ensure that corporate accounting policies and procedures are consistently applied and are in accordance with GAAP.
- Assists in ensuring the development and maintenance of effective internal controls and processes to assure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements.
- Play a key role in financial system integration from Quickbooks to new ERP system
- Ensure payroll is processed through PEO system
- Assists with the coordination of the company’ s audits including the annual external audit.
- Ensures that all corporate treasury functions are properly accounted for and cash is reconciled appropriately.
- Assist third party tax resources in the preparation of all international tax filings and returns.
- Manage all Company payables, receivables, Corporate Card and expense reconciliations
- Provide financial assistance and direction to key managers within the organization to aid in the decision-making process.
- Assist FP&A team in budgeting and forecasting for accounting related items.
- Maintain key external relationships including external auditors, financial institutions, and other institutions that are relevant to the financial operations of the organization.
- Identifies and implements best practices throughout the finance area.
- Leads/works on special projects as needed.
Requirements of the Accounting Manager:
- 6+ years of experience with a strong background in public accounting preferred.
- Degree in Accounting and a CPA are required. MBA is preferred.
- International experience with GAAP and IFRS, including consolidation and foreign currency accounting highly preferred.
- Advanced experience in building schedules, processes and reconciliations – particularly around more complex accounting areas
- Strong technical accounting skills with experience researching, writing, presenting and applying GAAP/IFRS guidance.
- International experience with GAAP and IFRS, including consolidation and foreign currency accounting.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and multi-task in a cross-functional environment.
- Deep knowledge of internal controls, Sarbanes Oxley, and best practices processes.
- Financial system implementation experience and knowledge of business processes is very helpful.
- Experience with NetSuite, Workday and Concur preferred.