Accounts Receivable Manager
2901 West Alameda Ave Burbank, CA 91505
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Manager for a Entertainment company in Los Angeles, California. The AR Manager will manage the overall accounts receivable and collections function, including establishing customers’ credit limits, collecting and managing the day to day accounts receivables by performing the following duties:
- Manage and supervise all accounts receivable functions, including customer credit applications, collections, cash and credit applications, and processing bad debt.
- Manage all activities focused on the review and processing of customers’ credit applications. Plans and monitors assignments of staff and reviews work for volume and accuracy. Interviews, counsels and evaluates staff to ensure effective support.
- Ensure that all funds are deposited and posted correctly to the sub ledger on a daily basis. Process cash receipts, daily bank deposits and credit card payments.
- Collects outstanding receivables in accordance with terms and conditions of sale. Performs reconciliation of accounts in accordance with department standards.
- Collect outstanding receivables in accordance with terms and conditions of sale.
- Research and resolve all invoice discrepancies.
- Analyze delinquency trends.
- Reconcile sub-ledger to the GL.
- Prepare/generate aging reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on accounts receivable and credit experience, in addition supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and phone presence
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or related field).
- Proven knowledge of financial statements, finance agreements, standard legal agreements, credit risk and limits required.
- Strong knowledge of principles concerning extension of credit, collections, accounting, cash posting, and other related issues.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proven experience applying successful sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work additional, non-traditional hours as needed
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office tools including advanced Excel
- Professional, business level written and oral communication skills including interpersonal skills that yield positive results
- Proficient problem solving and conflict resolution skills that yield positive results
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, resourcefully with minimal oversight