Our client in the West Chester, PA area is looking for a Compliance Manager to oversee all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance and adherence to policies and procedures. To oversee compliance with federal and state laws and the company’ s security and privacy practices.
Responsibilities of the Compliance Manager:
- Organize training to educate staff and others as needed on important compliance procedures and policies, including CRIS exam prep, identified opportunities from compliance reviews.
- Review and evaluate company policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with established regulatory standards.
- Ensure proper documentation of compliance activities for reference purposes
- Coordinates with management all required breach determination and notification processes under HIPAA and applicable State breach rules and requirements.
- Conduct investigations to identify the root of a compliance concerns/incidents with staff involved/supervisors in order to resolve, minimize risk and improve performance.
- Conduct operation, communication and confirmatory audits to ensure conformance with set standards with risk of non-compliance.
- Assist with external and internal audits working with clients as indicated.
- Consult with attorneys to discuss and review compliance matters including requests for patient records.
- Liaise with the HR department to ensure implementation of disciplinary action in event of compliance violation.
- Prepares and files reports as necessary.
- Read up on journals and other news accounts in order to obtain information on new laws that can impact a company.
Requirements of the Compliance Manager:
- BA/BS in Healthcare or related field.
- 5+ years’ compliance experience working with hospitals and surgeons.
- Knowledge and experience in state and federal information privacy and security laws, including but not limited to HIPAA.
- Knowledge in and the ability to apply the principles of HIM, ROI and education.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.