531 Plymouth Rd Plymouth Meeting 19462
A growing non-profit in the Plymouth Meeting area is in search of a Controller to manage and direct all accounting & finance functions. The position will be the key person to all policies and procedures to ensure fiscal responsibility. This is a high-profile position with interaction with key stake holders at all levels.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
- Assist CFO in the development of new policies and procedures for finance, accounting and IT.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the Finance Department including compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintain and improve the accounting system with appropriate internal control procedures and technological advances in consultation with the CFO.
- Hire, train and supervise all Finance Department staff
- Prepare and review monthly and annual consolidated financial statements for all entities for presentation to management and board of directors.
- Implement cash management procedures including oversight of cash flow and internal controls.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local laws and taxing authorities including preparation and timely submission of all financial and tax statements, returns and reports.
- Prepare for and work with auditors for all corporations with primary oversight for the financial and pension audits, and federal, state and local tax filings.
- Oversee the payroll for all subsidiary organizations and assist HR with employee benefits.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, ensure compliance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- Oversee the administration of pension plan and compliance with the plan document and ERISA.
Requirements of the Controller:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience, 3+ in a supervisory accounting or auditing position in healthcare or not-for-profit industry.
- CPA preferred.