45 Washington Street Brooklyn 11220 | Direct Hire
Controller – Music Industry
Our client is adding a Controller to their growing accounting team. Reporting to the CFO, this key position will have high visibility and oversee all accounting and finance. This person will be responsible for delivering not only monthly financial facts, but strategic financial metrics in support of enterprise-wide decision-making.
Responsibilities of Controller:
- Develop annual budget working with senior management, reconciliation of monthly financial results against budgets, forecasts, and prior periods.
- Own all aspects of company accounting, including revenue recognition, General Ledger, A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets, Cash Flow Management and general accounting activities.
- Support monthly consolidation with parent company.
- Manage an accounting department four and growing.
- Evaluate and enhance financial processes to support continued growth, including continual process improvements of ERP software.
- Support all financial compliance, tax and banking activities, including annual audits.
- Develop and manage both statutory and management financial reporting.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all GAAP standards.
- Enhance documentation of policies, procedures and workflow where appropriate.
Requirements of the Controller:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, minimum 3 years as Controller in fast paced environment.
- CPA with experience in public accounting.
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines.
- A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills.
- Experience with enterprise-level ERP systems, Oracle preferred.