118-35 Queens Boulevard Sixth Floor Forest Hills, New York 11375 | Direct Hire
Offering an excellent base compensation + benefits + pension plan contribution
Essential Functions of the Controller:
· Manage Accounting team and the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, grant management, invoicing/billing, payroll, fixed asset records, and general accounting.
· Oversee and complete the month-end and year-end closing process and prepare financial statements.
· Interface with other departments to ensure effective financial management.
· Act as audit liaison; prepare audit schedules and provide audit support to external auditors.
· Participate in a wide variety of special projects and reports
· Create and improve processes and procedures as the organization grows.
· Manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Accounting/Finance operations
· Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the agency policies and applicable laws
Qualifications of the Controller:
· Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’ s degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
· CPA strongly preferred
· 10+ years of hands-on accounting experience
· Accounting experience in a nonprofit environment is required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to reach out to other departments to discuss and work through daily issues as they arise
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office product
· Excellent organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills