New York, NY
We are seeking a Controller for a well-established luxury goods wholesale and retail brand in New York City. The Controller will be responsible for a blend of accounting, finance, and some operations. If you have experience as a Controller and enjoy having a blend of responsibilities across the organization, this is your next role!
Responsibilities of the Controller:
- Financial Statement prep and review, including commentary and having a full understanding of every GL account and transaction.
- Manage cash flow analysis.
- Oversight and review of invoices and deposits, following up with past due customers.
- Accounts Payable: complete oversight and review, and fill in to process when needed.
- Manage fixed assets, depreciation and amortization.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Support all tax returns with outside tax accountants.
- Complete monthly budget vs. actual reports with comments.
- Prepare inventory reports.
- Prepare 1099’ s for vendors at year end
- Payroll processing, onboarding/terminations, and benefits/401K administration.
- Manage the relationship with vendor on foreign currency transactions
Requirements of the Controller:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 10+ years’ experience, including experience in consumer goods or retail.
- Wholesale/retail environment preferred
- Proven ability to be an autonomous, hands-on manager of an accounting/finance function with an interest in handling responsibilities across the organization
- Strong Excel skills.
- QuickBooks experience, or similar wholesale/inventory accounting system experience.