San Francisco, CA | Direct Hire
Controller– FinTech - San Francisco, CA
Our client is a new breed of mortgage company who is continuously changing the landscape of mortgage lending. They have a phenomenal culture and have experienced great success over the past few years; originating over $7B in loans. They are committed to changing the industry and becoming the new gold standard! Due to their growth and success, they are seeking a Controller to join their team. This role would report to the VP Finance and be a key component in providing and driving strategic financial leadership as the company continues to grow and scale.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
• Manage financial statement preparation in compliance with GAAP
• Manage a staff of 5 or more.
• Oversee cash disbursements, receipts and actively maintain detailed daily cash projections.
• Oversee journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts.
• Build and maintain internal controls and policies.
• Oversee payroll process.
• Settle hedge positions
• Prepare monthly and quarterly warehouse certifications.
• Prepare regulatory reporting & support annual tax filings.
• Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes and support external audit process.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts.
Requirements for the Controller position:
• Mortgage industry experience, previous Controller experience.
• CPA is required.
• AMB (mortgage accounting software) is strongly preferred.
• Must be self-starter, hands on.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting, financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.) and GAAP.