Director - Pricing
New York, NY 11201
Director of Pricing
Digital Music Industry
New York, NY
Reporting to the CMO, the Pricing Director is responsible for building and developing a robust pricing discipline for our Digital Music client in New York City. You will be responsible for creating a global pricing strategy and framework that will stretch across a portfolio of digital products and will improve lifetime profitability of the business. Conducting research and competitive analysis you will gain an understanding of the business and industry to develop modeling, price performance analysis, testing and research.
Responsibilities of the Pricing Director:
- Lead company’ s pricing optimization through ownership of analysis, research and testing of pricing across all products to maximize LTV, inclusive of managing costs, competitive pressures and currency fluctuations.
- Research and present business cases for different pricing for global product offering. Work with stakeholders and management to gain input and alignment of strategies.
- Report on the effectiveness of all pricing initiatives throughout the company by measuring end-to-end impact of all changes.
- Partner with business stakeholders, marketing/sales, and product teams to gather insights and needs that inform research, tests and recommendations.
- Develop and structure the process around pricing requests across all stakeholders and manage the approval process.
- Establish models to assess the profitability of new business proposals. Partner with the Data team to develop and implement robust tools to analyze profitability of alternative pricing scenarios and to capture and apply learnings to enhance future planning and profitability.
- Develop a strategy and approach for identifying, researching and analyzing current and potential competitors.
- Conduct competitive analysis and communicate insights to senior management.
- Regularly update and distribute relevant competitive intelligence reports and presentations.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to various cross-functional teams. Provide thought leadership and insights on market developments and trends.
Requirements of the Pricing Director:
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 8+ years in a quantitative or analytical role with 5 years direct pricing responsibility in finance, accounting, consulting, eCommerce and/or marketing.
- Knowledge of the digital music industry is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive revenue and profitability growth through the creation and operation of a comprehensive pricing strategy, including a robust competitive intelligence function.
- Expert at business modeling and analyzing data including tracking, measuring, and optimizing individual and collective price tactics and understand the impact to business targets and goals.
- Strong decision-making skills and able to balance strategy and execution while evaluating contrasting perspectives.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare concise reports to assist management in making pricing- related decisions and making risk assessments.