Director of Accounting
1 Madison Ave Fl New York, New York 10010 | Direct Hire
Director of Accounting – Scaling publicly-traded Tech company in Manhattan
Join a publicly traded Tech company and help scale their “ best-in-class” team globally! You will be an Accounting leader integral in shaping the future of the accounting organization and advising senior leadership. Benefits include competitive compensation, 401K, health/dental/vision insurance, all the usual perks, and the opportunity to work with a sharp team that loves to learn and challenge themselves in a collaborative environment.
Responsibilities of the Director of Accounting
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a growing team while establishing a vision for global expansion
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, financial reporting and consolidation processes
- Effectively manage audit, tax, and valuation process with third party firms
- Assist FP&A team with accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles.
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop/implement changes to drive improvements
- Lead system implementations and/or upgrades
- Work with the Corporate Controller and other Finance team leaders to evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of the group’ s operations including systems and process
Requirements of the Director of Accounting
- Bachelor’ s in Accounting or related
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, including experience at a high-growth technology company registered with the SEC. Public accounting experience preferred.
- SEC reporting preferred but not required
- Strong, hands-on team leader with experience building, managing and developing a global team
- Ability to handle a rapidly growing and changing environment