Director of Billing
1735 Market Street, 51st Floor Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103- | Direct Hire
Director of Billing - Legal
A national law firm with hundreds of attorneys based in Center City and with offices around the USA is has a new opportunity for a Director of Billing. This hands on critical role will oversee a large billing staff and be responsible for the success of this critical department reaching its goals. If you have the experience, this is an excellent organization with outstanding benefits and perks.
Responsibilities of the Director of Billing:
- Review work flows to identify streamlining opportunities and efficiencies.
- Provide training & development for the billing team.
- Develop and maintain accountability measurements for individuals and team.
- Collaborate with management to set the strategy, controls and direction of the billing program.
- Monitor and evaluate process improvement plans and provide input to implement improvement measures.
- Manage the transition of new billing lawyers into the billing program.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback as well as participate in the annual staff performance evaluation process.
Requirements of Director of Billing:
- BA / BS Degree.
- 8+ years of experience in a high-volume time and billing law firm or a professional services environment.
- 4+ years of experience at the manager or director
- Knowledge and understanding of credit and collection processes
- Must be analytical and detail-oriented with good problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of attorneys and staff.
- Knowledge of legal billing and accounting software and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Elite 3e a plus.