Director of Finance
135 East 65th Street New York, NY 10065 | Direct Hire
Director of Finance – Luxury Goods – New York, NY
We are seeking a Director of Finance for our client, an established global luxury goods wholesaler and retailer brand in Manhattan. The Director of Finance will report to the CEO, join a close-knit team in a modern office, and be responsible for a blend of accounting, finance, operations, HR, and systems responsibilities. You will have the opportunity to hire an Accountant to support the function. If you enjoy the luxury goods space and a blend of responsibilities across the organization, this could be your next role!
As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for:
- Hiring an Accountant to support the finance function
- Month End Close
- Financial Statement prep and review, including commentary and having a full understanding of every GL account and transaction.
- Accounts Receivable: complete oversight and review of invoices and customer deposits, following up with past due customers and filling in to process when needed
- Accounts Payable: complete oversight and review, and filling in to process when needed.
- Fixed assets, depreciation and amortization
- Bank Recs and Credit Card Recs
- Tax return support and Sales tax returns
- Budget and budget vs. actual
- Seasonal pricing
- Prepare supplemental reports including Inventory, Marketing Sales, Website Expenses, etc.
- Prepare 1099’ s for vendors at year end
- Payroll processing, onboarding/terminations, and benefits/401K administration.
- Manage the relationship with vendor on foreign currency transactions
- Manage ecommerce order communication and processing between wholesale customers
- System Administrator for General ledger and inventory system
Qualifications of the Director of Finance:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- Accounting and Finance experience in a wholesale/retail environment preferred
- Proven ability to be an autonomous, hands-on manager of an accounting/finance function with an interest in handling responsibilities across the organization
- Strong Excel skills
- QuickBooks or A2000 experience, or similar wholesale/inventory accounting system experience