Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
145 W 28th St New York, NY 10001 | Direct Hire
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Luxury brand goods organization is currently seeking a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join our team.
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will play a critical role in partnering with the Chief Financial Officer (‘ CFO’) to develop, implement and maintain processes, tools, reporting support and analysis in order to optimize the company’ s financial statements. In relation with the CFO, he will set company’ s controlling and reporting standards, especially for Sales, Inventory and Wholesale accounts contribution.
Critical responsibilities include sales reporting and forecasting, sell-through analysis, implementation and analysis of P&L by wholesale account and doors, chargebacks controlling, contribution in the monthly reporting to France, and participation in open to buy optimization.
- Prepare and update weekly sales flash including update of sales forecast for both Retail and Wholesale and for both brands
- Work closely with Wholesale Account manager and Retail Manager to assess risks and opportunities in sales
- Prepare and analyze monthly sales package, including comments on variation against budget and last year, analysis by Wholesale accounts / Retail stores, product family analysis. Compare US performances to International performances
- Sell-through reporting: update and maintain Sell-through file by accounts and by doors on a monthly basis.
- In-charge of month end sales reconciliation between all the different systems
- Returns: In charge of updating, tracking and challenging returns from Wholesale Accounts. Comparison of Returns Authorized with actual products returned and chargebacks. Update month end accrual for returns
- Participate in Sales annual Budget and re-forecasts
- Track and determine terms per accounts and MSRP for both US and Canada
- In-charge of developing, maintaining and analyzing P&L by accounts and by door.
- Working closely with accounting department, implementation of controlling tools for In Store Support chargebacks from Wholesale accounts. Reconcile, forecast and challenge In Store Support chargebacks
- Determine In Store Support accrual on monthly basis
- Contribute in budget and forecasts of Wholesale accounts P&L contribution
- Monthly update of Inventory position by SKU and location (warehouses and retail store), valorization of units at a unique Moving Average Cost per SKU
- Determination of inventory devaluation in collaboration with the Supply-Chain department
- Monthly flows reconciliation between financial statements (MAS90) and operational systems (Retail Pro, 3rd Party Logistic ERP)
- Determination of reported Samples and Gifting P&L impact (allocation of testers and samples between CoGS and OPEX)
- Contribute in improvement of the Open To Buy and Purchasing tools working closely with the Supply-Chain department
- Prepare monthly reporting file by extracting journal entries and reconciling with Trial Balance
- Update and analyze actual results by cost centers, comment variance versus budget and last year.
- Maintain and update links between the Group reporting file and US internal files.
- Contribute in analysis and forecasting of Cash Flow Statement
- Contribute in monthly overall analysis and comments to the Board.
System reconciliation and administration
- Reconcile all systems: Retail Pro for our Store, MAS90/NAVISION (starting Q3 18) for accounting, GMAP (international SQL servers with sales and CoGS data), Third Party logistic ERP (to reconcile sales, returns and inventory)
- Analysis of flows and neutralization of internal flows (such as Warehouse to Retail Store flows)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with a CPA
- At least 4-6 years of overall professional experience; ideally 2+ years as a Financial Planning and Analysis
Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in the Wholesale / Retail industry
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for sales analysis and forecasting, inventory control and simplified P&L management.
- Technology savvy with extensive skills in Excel, database management, knowledge and prior experience with SQL. Knowledge of Navision and Retail Pro is a plus.
- The ideal candidate has highly developed analytical skills, is focused on problem solving with attention to detail and is autonomous and organized
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to deliver on a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, credibility, and dedication to the mission. Follows through on commitments