Newtown Square, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Our client is a rapidly growing Medical Billing company based in Newtown Square, PA. This small but growing group works in a specific part of the medical field; thus, the billing is focused on a specific block of CPT codes.
Company leadership are highly respected executives in their field nationally. Great office environment and team is ready for the right person to join them immediately! Salary, medical, dental, visions benefits and paid vacation.
Responsibilities of the Medical Biller/Coder:
- Responsible for CPT and ICD 10 coding of the patient chart and the submission of clean claims to third party insurance companies.
- Review patient chart and reports to obtain CPT codes representative of the services performed. Extract ICD 10 from History & Physical (HPI) to the highest level of specificity.
- Submit claims to all third-party insurance companies for services provided.
- Responsible daily for the correction of primary/secondary rejected claims, the resubmission of rejected claims, per guidelines, in order to secure payment
- Maintain effective working relationship with employees and administration, promoting teamwork.
Requirements of the Medical Biller/Coder:
- At least 3 years’ experience extracting diagnosis codes from medical record documentation to include the narrative History and Physical and coding all related comorbidities.
- AAPC or other nationally recognized certification required.
- Ability to accurately code and submit a high volume of clean claims per day.
- Strong attention to detail
- Coding background for Neurologic/Orthopedic/Vascular/Intracranial surgeries is helpful.