Job Number: 697
We are looking for a savvy Senior Accountant to assist the Director of Finance in managing the monthly close process and tackling various important projects to help build our business. To be successful in this position you must be a strategic individual with managerial accounting, operations and financial management experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
• Prepare monthly financial statements, investigate discrepancies, and provide variance explanations.
- Support the month-end close process across all operating cycles, including sales, inventory, COGS, deferred revenue, cash, and SG&A.
• Improve departmental processes and procedures to expedite the close process while ensuring accuracy of financial information.
• Manage A/P and vendor payment process.
• Assist with the annual audit.
• Contribute to various ad hoc projects and analysis for management, including forecasts, budgets, and account analysis.
• Research and implement new accounting or reporting systems as needed.
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, data, and/or member services teams to obtain data and build reports.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor’ s or higher degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• 3+ years of accounting experience with in-depth knowledge of GAAP.
• Tech savvy and MS Excel power user. Experience with or exposure to accounting software preferred (e.g. Netsuite, Oracle).
• Strong analytical and organizational skills and detail-oriented.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
• Exposure to an inventory-based CPG company preferred.