44 Wall St 11th Floor New York, New York 10005 | Direct Hire
Awesome Senior Accounting Role in NY!
Our client, a Tech & Media Startup within a VERY well established and stable company is looking to hire an experienced Senior Accountant in New York. This is an amazing “ blend” of Accounting and Finance. The position reports directly to the VP Finance. Responsibilities include the day to day accounting functions, monthly close, expense and revenue forecasting, analysis and revenue drivers.
You will have the unique opportunity to have full autonomy over the accounting function while at the same time being able to work under the stability of a corporate parent. As our company grows, this individual will be given the opportunity to use a multitude of data points to better predict future results and guide strategy decisions. An excellent longer-term growth opportunity into Finance as well!
- Day to day accounting, AP/AR and journal entries
- Understanding of revenue recognition
- Monthly financial close and reporting
- Maintain budgeting and forecasting functions
- Ability to develop financial and operational models using a variety of data
- BS with 4+ years accounting experience
- Experience managing monthly close, day to day accounting
- Experience with GL packages such as QuickBooks; advanced excel is a must have
- Experience creating, managing, and distributing financial analysis and reports
- Excellent analytical, written and communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to all levels within an organization
- Startup experience is a plus; ability to thrive in a rapidly growing environment is a must
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and 529 College Savings Plan
- Opportunities for equity compensation
- Endless supply of healthy and not so healthy snacks and drinks
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
- Unlimited vacation policy