Senior Benefits Administrator
New York, New York | Direct Hire
Senior Benefits Administrator - Manhattan – Leading National Non-profit
A rapidly-growing and established Non-profit organization in Manhattan is seeking a hands-on Senior Benefits Administrator. This is an extremely visible, newly-created role where you will report to the head of HR, lead/manage the benefits implementation process, and grow within the HR function. This role offers generous PTO + sick + personal days, 403b retirement plan contribution, and medical/dental/vision benefits.
Responsibilities of the Senior Benefits Administrator:
- Lead the implementation of ADP Comprehensive Outsourcing Services (COS) within the organization.
- Manage and develop 3 benefits staff members.
- Implement and document policies, procedures, and monthly benefits reporting for headquarters and nationwide offices.
- Serves as primary contact for benefit vendor and Employees.
- Develops and updates Benefits forms and Employee Communications (e.g., benefits enrollment, Communications, etc.
- Create and maintain orientation package and presentations for new and existing employees for roll-out of new system and processes.
- Take the initiative to ensure compliance measures across all facets of benefits and payroll for union, non-union, and multi-state employees.
- Accurately maintain employee data information on hires, terminations, salary, job title changes and leave of absence etc. into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Implement monthly audit procedures to ensure data integrity. Investigates discrepancies and provides information in no routine situations.
- Participate in and lead ad-hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications for the Senior Benefits Administrator:
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
- 5+ years human resources benefit administration experience.
- Previous management experience highly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage a benefits implementation process, or an HR business process outsourcing (BPO) implementation process highly preferred.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with employees in offices nationwide.
- Team-oriented personality with interest in growing within an HR function of a fast-growing organization!