Senior Human Resources Manager
220 W Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting,, PA
Senior Human Resources Manager
Our client in the Malvern, PA area is looking for a Senior Human Resources Manager to lead all Human Resources practices and objectives. The role will provide a team member-oriented, high-performance culture. Position will provide implementation of services, policies and programs through Human Resources staff and provide guidance to the executive leadership team.
Responsibilities of the Senior Human Resources Manager:
- Oversees the implementation of the Human Resources programs with Human Resources staff.
- Oversees and manages the work of direct Human Resources staff.
- Involved with selection and on-going relationship management of any Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists.
- Coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs and practices to keep leadership informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintain depart and division measurements to support the company’ s goals.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of necessary reports.
- Manages all Human Resources manuals and notifications.
- Utilizes Human Resources Information Software (HRIS) to the company’ s recordkeeping and management advantage.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system.
- Assists managers with contracting of training programs and consultants.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives.
- Partners with leadership to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing team members.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data and Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Determines and recommends union team member relation practices; interprets union contract; and lends support through grievance process.
- With the assistance of the executive team, obtains cost-effective, team member-service benefits; monitors national benefits environment.
- Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefits training.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including but not limited to; any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth.
- Directs the preparation of information requires or required for compliance with laws.
Requirements of the Senior Human Resources Manager:
- BA/BS in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or related field. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years’ HR experience. Prior hospitality industry experience a plus.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification a plus.
- HRIS System experience a must, Ceridian preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, team member relations, safety and training & development.
- High ethical standards and a strong sense of confidentiality.