Senior Insurance Accountant
Senior Accountant - Insurance
Our client is a leading insurance company in their field. Located in Wilmington, DE they are looking for a Senior Accountant with insurance company experience for this critical role. The Senior Insurance Accountant is responsible for the accounting activities of premium, loss, and reinsurance. This role supports the controller for both the monthly close process as well as the controls surrounding insurance and reinsurance activities. The company has a generous salary and benefits package, including free health and detail coverages to all employees, and a 401K plan with a generous match!
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Manage premium, loss, and reinsurance accounting including premium billing and accounts receivable by collaborating with the Underwriting and Claims departments
- Prepare related journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare the Statutory Annual Statement Schedules F and P, and prepare GAAP and Statutory footnotes related to premium and losses
- Participate in Claims meetings and provide supporting analyses of reserve recommendations
- Responsible for coordinating the annual budget for premium, loss, and reinsurance
- Provide and review analysis for actual versus budget and prior year results
- Support the Controller in the overall review and timely completion of the financial statements and board meeting materials
- Maintain internal and external reports in support of insurance and Member accounts, including Member policyholder insurance record and distributions
- Act as liaison with outside actuaries and NEIL account managers to ensure process, controls, and deliverables are met accurately and timely
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years insurance company experience a must.
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Strong Excel skills including v-lookups & pivot tables