Social Media Director
Social Media Director
A leading company in the Music Industry focused on independent artists is looking for a Social Media Director to lead the company in overall development of the brands social media presence. Includes international operations and working closely with sales and marketing teams to build a coherent strategy. This New York City based critical role will oversee all aspects of social media and report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Responsibilities of Social Media Director
- Develop and execute a global social media content calendar that is consistent with the company’ s brand voice and supports the company’ s online and offline marketing, public relations and sales initiatives.
- Balance between short-term lead focused programs and long-term brand awareness/equity/advocacy.
- Partner with content marketing, acquisition and PR teams on global campaign initiatives.
- Grow and manage social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and emerging channels.
- Build and test campaign to grow target customer segments such as focus genres and key international territories.
- Coordinate with internal marketing/communications teams and external agencies to collaborate on content and execute on broader social strategies to drive customer acquisition, retention and advocacy.
- Coordinate with Entertainment Relations and Sales teams to gather localization needs and build localized social media campaigns to support them.
- Function as a social media “ community” manager by appropriately responding to questions, comments and concerns across social media channels in a timely, authentic and professional manner.
- Manage monthly social budget & optimize spend based on business objectives.
- Identify, establish and grow strategic social media relationships with companies, brands and individuals that align with the company’ s customers, products and marketing goals.
- Build and implement influencer programs including long-term relationships and seasonal activations.
- Monitor forums like Reddit and key music blogs and respond to questions, comments discussions that drive awareness and advocacy.
- Create, measure and test data-driven social media and marketing initiatives that deliver against business objectives.
- Generate monthly reports and analyze performance metrics to increase engagement and productivity of social posts.
Requirements for the Social Media Director:
- Bachelors Degree
- 6+ year of social media marketing experience.
- Must have a firm understand of major social media platforms and a proven track record of driving results through social media.
- International and/or global marketing experience a plus.
- Creative thinker with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in using social media software and tools.