Mt. Vernon, New York | Contract To Hire
Staff Accountant – Mt Vernon
Growing commercial Construction company!
A rapidly-growing and established construction company leading major NYC projects is hiring a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for AP, AR, payroll journal entries, and assisting with month-end close. You will report to the Controller with a dotted line to the CFO, and join a sharp accounting team passionate about growing the business! This is a permanent opportunity with benefits package and a competitive compensation. Located in Mt. Vernon and accessible by subway!
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable; invoice entry and weekly check posting process
- Ad hoc reporting for Controller
- Prepare payroll general ledger entries and post in SAGE accounting system
- Analyze and reconcile financial accounts
- Research and interpret financial data to confidently provide information to management
- Develop and implement improvements to current accounting procedures
- Assist Controller with month-end financial close
Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- 2+ years accounting experience, can include internships
- Exposure to Accounting systems, SAGE preferred
- Exceptional Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Team-oriented personality with interest in learning and developing as part of the accounting/finance team!