Our client in the financial services industry is in search of a Tax Associate to join their growing firm. With huge growth year over year you could be joining at the right time. Located in Radnor, PA the position of Tax Associate is responsible for the primary oversight of the tax administration process and works closely with the Tax Manager to manage other various tasks/responsivities for which the Tax Department is accountable. The Tax Associate reports directly to both the Tax Manager.
Responsibilities of the Tax Associate:
• Assist the Tax Manager in the management of the tax onboarding process for new clients to ensure all necessary information is collected in order to maintain an accurate Tax Client List.
• Updating and maintaining the Tax Client List for return preparation and billing purposes.
• Preparation, processing, and tracking of yearly tax engagement and tax organizer correspondence.
• Processing or delegating all other tax correspondence (i.e. paper filing returns, tax notice responses, estimated payments, etc.).
• Manage the process of incoming and outgoing client tax documentation (i.e., clients’ supporting tax documents, and the return of these documents to the clients).
• Managing and maintaining all tax software processes and tax database.
• Intake and processing of all signed client e-file authorization forms.
• Track the progress of returns through the administration process and ensure all returns are progressing as efficiently as possible.
• Confirmation of completed returns and completing all required project steps within the tax software.
• K-1 collection and tracking (i.e., collecting forms, filing forms, adding forms to client TWPs, and tracking receipt for all clients).
• Prepare federal and state tax returns.
- Assist the consultants and work to streamline/manager the processes for tax planning.
Requirements of the Tax Associate:
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
• EA a plus. CPA or working to obtain the CPA license a plus.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Internet.
• Must be able to prioritize work; ensure daily deadlines are met; and work independently as needed.
• Ability to work independently. Strong organizational skills. Detail-oriented.