Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary function of this position is to assist with the preparation of Federal, State and local tax returns and perform tax, bookkeeping and accounting functions for a Tax practice. Seasonal position primarily January 15 – April 15th and some in September/October. 3 – 4 days per week.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Handles tax return preparation and data entry assisting attorneys/CPA for the firm. Firm uses ProSeries tax software.
- Reviews prior year tax returns and handles data entry of current year information provided by client for tax year.
- Emails necessary notes to Attorneys.
- Scans and assembles final tax returns and transfers to a records maintenance system.
- Enters information into clients’ software systems.
- Must have good understanding of taxes.
- Prepares and reviews income tax returns for individuals and related entities including LLCs, partnerships, trusts, quarterly estimated income tax projections and estimated tax payments, and other tax and financial analysis.
- May perform tax research and serve as a source to paralegals and attorneys for tax planning issues.
- Keep up-to-date on current tax laws involving individuals and related entities and inform clients of relevant tax developments.
- Performs bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting/Business/Tax preferred.
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ experience in accounting, tax and administration.
- Requires skills and experience in bookkeeping, accounting, law firm, ProSeries tax software, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Products.
- Requires experience in a law or other professional service firm environment.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer/technology skills.