Temporary Accounting Manager
531 Plymouth Rd Plymouth Meeting 19462
Accounting Manager - Temporary
An established non-profit organization is seeking a temporary Accounting Manager to support with year-end. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the general accounting functions of the company.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager:
- Supporting monthly financial close, including the supervision of any assignments
- Preparation and review of monthly entries, reconciliations, management financial reporting packages and executive summary schedules.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes and controls to ensure that practices are in line with the overall goals of the company.
- Manage period-end prepaid expenses, fixed assets and leases and other account balances and classes of transactions.
- Manage monthly analytical review process for Income Statement and Balance Sheet line items.
- Participate in periodic reviews and annual audits and provide information to independent auditors.
- Ensure payroll is processed on a bi-weekly basis.
- Supports appropriate communication between the Accounting Department and staff, administration, and outside vendors.
- Assists with the development and implementation of Agency Account policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Accounting Manager:
- Ba in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Accrual based accounting knowledge
- CPA is strongly preferred
- MS Dynamics knowledge
- Non-profit or Human Services experience strongly preferred