VP Finance & Administration
VP of Finance and Administration
Our client is in search of a Vice President of Finance and Administration at their offices in Philadelphia. The candidate needs to be hands on and still be strategic in their efforts for a rapidly growing company. While the company has been around for 20+ years, it has the heartbeat of a startup and has a fast-paced environment. The position reports to the COO and will be a key member of the senior management team, the VP of Finance and Administration will manage the Accounting and Human Resource departments.
Responsibilities of the VP of Finance and Administration:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization' s finance and administration function and performance.
- Lead month-end close responsibilities to include journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis as well as year-end audits.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance for cash management, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, petty cash and taxes.
- Forecast business cash flow identifying and reporting needs.
- Provide timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals and business trends in multiple administrative areas.
- Establish guidelines for operating and capital budget and forecast preparation; prepare the annual budgets with the departments.
- Lead financial strategy/tracking behind pricing, trade promotions SKU and customer optimization with sales and marketing.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage Human Resources function
- Manage all Legal, Banking and Treasury relationships. Manage and report against all financing covenants
- Provide all administrative support for Board of Director meetings and Corporate Governance guidelines
Requirements of the VP of Finance and Administration:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance/Accounting required, MBA preferred
- CPA/CMA certification designation is a plus
- 10+ years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience in preferably Food/Beverage, hospitality or CPG.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Previous experience running all aspects of the financial function of an organization
- Experience in building out business forecasting across multi-channel business functions
- Detail oriented, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Start-up or entrepreneurial experience preferred