VP of Finance
2401 Walnut Street Suite 203 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103 | Direct Hire
VP of Finance
We are searching for a VP of Finance for a unique International Travel company focusing on Education, Experiences and Travel for the intellectually curious. Their goal is to become the go-to brand for the best tours & experiences worldwide. They offer employees unlimited vacation, travel experiences, benefits, 401K and equity.
The VP of Finance will continue to build out the Finance function in addition to overseeing accounting, data analysis and business processes. Reporting directly to senior management with interaction with the board of directors, this is a strategic, capability-building role incorporating all aspects of finance, accounting and business analytics.
The ideal Finance leader is someone with exceptional strategic finance skills who is also happy to close the books every month and produce content for a board. They will need to be a great communicators & work well cross functionally.
The company is also a certified b-corp meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, aspiring to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems.
- Create a world-class finance function for a growth stage company
- Build a KPI-driven reporting infrastructure to cascade business information throughout the company
- Ensure a seamless process for the financial close
- Manage investor and board reporting including management reporting of companywide performance
- Implement accounting systems
- Simplify & streamline their existing financial processes
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a finance function
- Time spent in both structured environments (e.g. consulting, banking or large corporate) and high growth environments (e.g. startups or venture / private equity backed companies)
- High degree of familiarity with financial software selection & implementation
- Practitioner of the growth mindset & desire to work in a mission driven company
- Clear communicator and original thinker with personal and professional goals
- Personal interest and passion for in Travel