Vice President of Finance
34 W. 27th St. 10th Floor New York, New York 10001 | Direct Hire
Vice President of Finance – New York
We are searching for a VP of Finance for an industry disrupting e-commerce company in New York City. The company has a unique and proven business model while maintaining an entrepreneurial " start-up" culture.
The successful candidate will provide leadership to the organization both within Finance and Accounting as well as across all functional areas of the business. She/he will lead the Accounting and Finance functions broadly, including financial planning & analysis. The position will initially report to the CEO of the company and will have broad ability to shape the finance organization. Over time, the successful candidate will have the opportunities to expand responsibilities and rise to the executive team.
The VP of Finance will collaborate with a team of highly skilled and driven individuals, who thrive on building a great business and company culture. If you are looking for a position where you can have tremendous impact and learn a lot quickly in a highly dynamic environment, then this is the career opportunity for you.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Improve processes to drive speed and efficiency
- Manage controllership and treasury functions, and adherence to all compliance requirements
- Manage the preparation of all financial reporting, financial outlooks, budgets and forecasts
- Create an effective reporting and analysis program that supports the decision-making requirements of leadership and staff across the company.
- Drive business performance by making insightful data-driven recommendations, and building consensus among leadership team about major decisions
- Support capital raising and financing initiatives
- Manage and oversee accounting operations including Payroll, benefits, HR, Tax and other corporate programs
- Over time, expand responsibilities to include certain operational functions, strategic situations, and vendor management.
Key Attributes for Success
- Tenacious and resilient person focused on achieving successful business outcomes
- Extremely detail oriented, hands-on, " doer".
- Superior analytical problem-solving skills and strong math skills.
- Ability to rapidly build and iterate on custom models and analyses
- High proficiency with reporting software, databases, accounting software, Excel, etc.
- Maturity and personal skills to work well across the organization and build consensus.
- Desire to work hard on a challenging and rewarding assignment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ten (10)+ years’ progressive experience in a finance positions including as VP Finance, Director of Finance or Controller
- Financial Planning & Analysis ( FP&A ) experience including budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis as needed
- Background Big 4 accounting preferred, management consulting or investment banking experience a plus
- Experience in entrepreneurial or less structured environments is helpful
- Experience in subscription eCommerce, digital marketing, or media business is a plus
- Master’ s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections