New York, NY 10001
A growing consumer products company is in search of an Accounting Manager to join their growing team. The Accounting Manager will be in an important high-profile role with room to grow in your career. Located in Manhattan, this company provides products both B2B and B2C. This role will be a blended role with both accounting and finance responsibilities. So, if you like variety in your job, this is it!
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager:
- Support the management of day to day transactions generated by each of the business unit.
- Support and prepare analysis for functional department heads on financial and audit requirements, budget controls, policies and procedures.
- Work cross-functionally to support the preparation of financial budgeting, planning, and analysis.
- Assist in financial analysis using ERP system and business intelligence software to integrate operational processes with financial results and the tracking of KPI’ s.
- Support the financial planning and management for both B2B and B2C sales, including ecommerce.
- Monitor all departmental spending and expenses.
- Assist in the management of A/R, A/P, payroll, bank reconciliations, credit cards and merchant accounts.
- Track and report internal and external spending with regard to software, information technology and infrastructure in partnership with specialist external providers.
- Support the VP of Finance to oversee financial control of outsource manufacturing locations, third party logistic operations, inventory and working capital control, and product costs.
Requirements of the Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree (Accounting, Finance, or similar major preferred)
- 4+ years’ work experience in a CPG or retail Finance team.
- Strong Excel skills (v-lookups and pivot tables).
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with high level of attention to detail
- Highly analytical as well as comfortable working cross-functionally with all departments within the organization. Strong interpersonal, management, organization, creativity, and multi-tasking skills required.