Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Accounts Payable Coordinator is an integral member of the Finance staff with responsibility for the disbursement function of company and affiliated legal entities. The Accounts Payable Coordinator ensures that cash disbursements are properly prepared, documented, in conformity with company policies, authorized and processed on a timely basis
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the disbursement function for MHANC and affiliates through the processing of Request for Payment Forms, Request for Payment / Credit Card Forms, and Petty Cash Vouchers (collectively “ Vouchers”):
- Prepare Vouchers for various departments/programs, ensuring proper supporting documentation is submitted.
- Review Vouchers for overall compliance with company policy:
- Review invoices and other documentation for accuracy and initialed as verification of receipt of goods or services.
- Determine approval by appropriate authorized signer.
- Ascertain correct general ledger account coding was utilized
- Interface with other departments to resolve propriety of Voucher documentation and other issues.
- Review cash position with the CFO (or designee) to determine funds available for check preparation (to the extent possible, identify payments needed to avoid service charges).
- Print and review checks produced for MHANC and affiliates for accuracy.
- Print and review Financial Management checks
- Attach supporting Voucher package to checks prior to signature by authorized signer.
- Distribute signed checks.
- Ensure all vendor contract and other files are properly maintained.
- Respond to requests for information relating to the status of unpaid invoices.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements with respect to IRS Form 1099 regulations:
- Obtain Form W-9 from vendors, as appropriate.
- Maintain a checklist for determining the type of vendors for whom Form 1099 are required.
- Ensure the vendor master file correctly identifies vendors subject to Form 1099 reporting.
- Prepare annual Forms1099 and 1096 and file after review and signature by the CFO.
- Function in the lead position in the Accounts Payable function:
- Prepare periodic reports of activities and status of accounts payable team.
- Manage work flows and delegate responsibilities to equalize workloads and ensure a smooth flow of work in the function.
- Assist with annual and other audits.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliations.
- Ad hoc projects, as requested.
Reports to: Senior Accountant
V. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required Experience: Three (3) years of experience in an accounts payable role, preferred
VI. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – OTHER
Computer Skills: Proficient Microsoft Office Excel and Word, required. Working knowledge of Fund E-Z accounting software experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; including flexibility to meet changing demands during the course of the day.