New Brunswick, NJ
A growing retail company is looking for an Assistant Controller to join their growing team in New Jersey. The company is looking for a hands-on person to help organize the accounting operation and help in long term growth.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller:
- Oversee staff work product in areas of AP and AR.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Maintain chart of accounts and reconciliations.
- Manage inventory and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Mange cash flow reporting.
- Manage bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Manager cash flow models.
- Responsible for year-end reporting.
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets and forecasts.
- Support for Auditors and tax preparations.
- Responsible for all state sales tax payments.
- Review new client contracts ensuring accuracy for accounting purposes.
Requirements of the Assistant Controller:
- B.S./B.A. degree and experience in related field required.
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills. (Pivot tables and v-lookups).
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
- Detail-oriented with willingness and ability to ensure accurate reporting required.