120 Wooster St New York, NY 10012
Our client in the transportation industry is seeking a Billing Coordinator to join their exciting team and company. You will love this Manhattan based company and the high-end clients they provide services for. You will manage the end-to-end billing process and credit control for a dedicated group of their program clients.
Responsibilities of the Billing Coordinator:
· Reviewing activity on a daily basis, checking that all details are correct and working with our Operations team to ensure accuracy of coding, cost and sales values, and categorization;
· Producing accurate customer invoices, ensuring alignment with the customer contract and any special terms
· Calculating and adding any additional charges or notes to the invoices;
· Working with the Program sales team to review and approve any unusual invoices before sending out to customers;
· Ensuring that all customer balances for cash, incorporating cash receipts and invoices;
· Monitoring customer balances and informing Customer Services when a customer nears the minimum balance required;
· Generate and send out customer statement;
· Generate credit control reporting
· Responding to customer queries regarding invoices and working with Sales to resolve issues as required;
· Creating reports on activity and other statistics;
· Reporting differences between estimated and actual billing.
· Managing the outstanding balances due and sending initial chaser emails as required;
· Cash collection and credit control on an as needs basis;
· Reporting to senior stakeholders on an as needs basis;
· Account reconciliations and invoicing of additional charges;
· Building and maintaining relationships with key accounts (both brokers and customers) and resolving queries as required.
Requirements of the Billing Coordinator:
· You’ ll use your impeccable eye for detail and prior experience of interpreting complex client contracts to ensure that all invoices have been calculated accurately;
· Prior experience of reconciliation, in order to reconcile information from our in-house client system with our accounting system.
· Intermediate Excel skills are essential, prefer capability with pivot tables, v-lookups and formulas