Fort Lee, NJ
Bookkeeper / Accounting Manager
This position can be in Orange County, NY or Fort Lee, NJ. You will oversee two companies accounting and financial reporting and activities. A critical position reporting to the President of the consolidated companies. Companies are growing quickly so room to grow is available.
Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper / Accounting Manager:
- Check the accuracy of business transactions
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP
- Collections efforts for all customers
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Manage Vendor Purchase Orders
- Enter accounts receivable invoices and payments
- Enter accounts payable invoices
- Enter Credit Card Information into QuickBooks
- Prepare vendor payments
- Coordinate External and Inter-company Bank Wires and Transfers
- Print month end accounts payable and accounts receivable reports
- Prepare journal entries and adjustments
- Prepare cash receipts report
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter/prepare Quarterly Sales Tax
- Prepare tax reports
Qualifications for the Bookkeeper / Accounting Manager:
- 3+ years’ work experience in a bookkeeping/accounting function.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong QuickBooks skills, including all normal accounting transactions, GL management, budgeting, and reporting.
- Strong Google Sheets and Excel skills.
- Good working knowledge of maintaining multiple general ledgers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, ACH and wire transfers, bank reconciliations.