New York, NY
A software company that is highly successful in the hospitality industry is looking for a Controller who can work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to drive success. The Controller will manage accounting and reporting activities. This will be a key role in a growing company that already process billions of dollars in transactions per year. Company also provides great benefits!
Responsibilities of the Controller:
• Drive all on-going internal processes to push for efficiencies, automation, and accuracy of financial management and financial systems.
• Oversee financial operations and continue scaling the finance/accounting department
• Manage monthly close process to issue timely (monthly, quarterly, annual) and complete financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
• Ensure the accurate and timely analysis of budgets, forecasts, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the Executive Management team.
• Manage external audits and completion of the company' s corporate tax filings.
• Develop, motivate and manage a team of finance/accounting professionals.
• Manage business and regulatory licenses and issues, sales and use taxes.
• Partner with department heads to support company-wide growth initiatives and continuous improvements.
Requirements of the Controller:
• Bachelor' s degree in accounting or business administration, CPA/MBA preferred.
• 8+ years in accounting focused roles
• 2+ years public accounting and/ or Technology/SaaS experience.
• Experience working as a Controller or Assistant Controller managing staff.
• ERP experience required, NetSuite preferred.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, operational risk assessment, and financial reporting.
• Proven ability to manage projects and collaborate with cross functional teams
• Self-motivated and independent, detailed oriented, strong work ethic, and high integrity and ethical standards