906 RTE 22 Somerville, NJ 08876
Controller – New Jersey
Our client in the sports retail industry is looking for a Controller on a temporary to permanent basis to join their growing company in New Jersey. The company is over 10 years old and is part of a rapidly growing segment of the industry. Growth has caused the need to add this position, with the appropriate candidate have similar industry experience with strong P&L and Balance Sheet skills. This position reports to the CEO of the company.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
• Prepare monthly financial statements for CEO and Board review.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company' s value.
• Responsible for GL, A/P, A/R, account and bank reconciliations.
- Manage inventory and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
• Manager cash flow models and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’ s) to enhance development of the business.
- Responsible for all state regulatory registration requirements and payments, such as sales tax, workers comp, unemployment insurance, etc.
• Respond to annual Auditor and tax requests.
• Review new client contracts ensuring accuracy for accounting purposes.
Requirements of the Controller:
• B.S./B.A. degree and experience in related field required.
• Inventory experience, and inventory management is required.
• Detail-oriented with willingness and ability to ensure accurate reporting required.
• Exceptionally strong Excel skills.