Director of Finance
New York, NY
Director of Finance
An amazing opportunity exists for a Director of Finance for a soon to be opened luxury Hotel Resort in Manhattan, NY. This role will be a key person in a very high-profile position responsible for all the accounting and finances of the resort and will be reporting to the General Manager. If you have the skills and experience in luxury hotels providing this kind of leadership this is a great opportunity for you.
Responsibilities of the Director of Finance:
- Conduct regular and periodic financial reviews to ensure data accuracy and completeness on all financial reporting.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with current fiscal regulations and related payments.
- Monitor and control the periodical physical inventories of equipment, FFE, general supplies, food & beverage products and cash on hand.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations monthly to ensure consistency and representation of financial results.
- Prepare and/or review closely the Bank reconciliations and cash flow analysis on at least a monthly basis.
- Oversee and manage the property accounting functions, including hotel and residences, budget and forecasting processes for operations and investments with the General Manager, including long range planning and capital investments
- Oversee and manage the property procurement functions, including hotel and residences.
- Oversee and manage the property Information Technology department and functions.
- Review all hotel and residence-based contracts for financial implication and viability, including insurance and contract leasing arrangements
- Review all License and Contract lists regularly to ensure the property is operating legally and have the correct licenses in place for all aspects of the property operations.
- Actively participate and drive initiatives for products and services, and process alignments to enable more efficient and cost sensitive property operating models.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, discipline and assessment of the property Assistant Financial Controller and Chief Accountant, and the entire Finance Team.
· Prepare and submit all necessary documentation as required in relation to the annual audit of the property/entity.
Requirements of the Director of Finance:
- Minimum 10 years of Managerial Accounting/Finance experience in luxury hotel/resort industry within recognized branded properties.
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business, CPA or MBA in business are essential.
- Experience managing small to medium size finance teams.
- Experience and working knowledge of SunSystems or SAP, SAGE, Opera, Micros/Simphony, Adaco or Materials Control
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products essential, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge and acceptance of USALI conventions for the Hospitality Industry reporting
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Good verbal, written communication & interpersonal skills