New York, NY
A leading edge Healthtech company in New York City is looking for a Finance Director. This role is critical to the company’ s success and will report to the CFO. As a critical member of the team, the Finance Director will oversee the entire accounting and finance function with an emphasis on finance and FP&A.
Responsibilities of the Finance Director:
- Manage the company’ s monthly close and financial reporting process.
- Manage the company' s accounting function, including revenue cycle management, payables, expenses and taxes.
- Establish Financial KPIs and provide the company’ s departmental leaders with accurate and timely financial reporting against relevant metrics.
- Own and lead the company’ s financial planning & analysis function, including building and maintaining the company’ s overall budgeting and operating model.
- Supply financial and business/modeling support to the rest of the company, particularly as teams evaluate new initiatives, projects, hiring plans, and marginal profitability/cost analyses.
- Participate in decisions around unit economics, pricing, and critical contracts.
- Help lead the company through fundraising and strategic partnership/essential transaction efforts.
- Lead communication and reporting to the Board of Directors regarding business and financial performance
- Develop and maintain key banking and investor relationships.
- Oversee the company’ s annual financial audit process.
- Manage external accounting and tax firms.
Requirements of the Director of Finance:
- 8+ years in progressive finance roles.
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, private equity, or other finance-focused, high-growth, and entrepreneurial environments.
- Experience at a healthcare and/or data analytics startup is a plus.
- Extensive financial modeling training is a plus.
- Been a strategic leader who works well at the macro as well as micro levels.
- Highly analytical and quantitative skill set with strong business acumen.