300 W 57th St #39 new york, NY 10019
Our client in the Media industry is looking for a sharp Financial Analyst to join the team. The Financial Analyst will work on a range of financial reporting and analysis functions in a dynamic team. This role will be a very visible position allowing you to demonstrate your skills to company executives.
Responsibilities for the Financial Analyst:
- Responsible for month-end reporting, consolidation and analysis.
- P&L consolidation (multiple P&Ls), system reconciliation, data management, variance analysis and write-ups, as well as other items identified during month-end or in support of other meetings and presentations.
- Support the development of reports and presentations to and for executive management.
- Leverage reporting tools to develop financial and analytical reports and help implement month-end financial package.
- Prepare financial presentations for senior management by incorporating new and existing reports, along with analysis of current and new business trends.
- Assist in preparation of monthly forecasts, quarterly meetings, annual budget and 5 Year Plans.
- Lead key ad-hoc analytical projects and processes to deliver actionable insights.
Requirements of the Financial Analyst:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Financial Analysis experience in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials a plus, similar experience required
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to all reporting deadlines
- Proactive and have strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient user of Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook
- Media industry experience a plus
- Candidate must be a quick learner, detail oriented and be able to multitask. Must be able to work well with a group environment and take lead on projects and responsibilities.