990 Spring Garden St #601 Philadelphia, PA
An established non-profit organization in Philadelphia is seeking an HR Generalist. The HR Generalist will work closely with department and organizational leadership to execute the HR strategy for supporting the organizations operations in Philadelphia, Chester, and Camden, NJ. The HR Generalist will support efforts to ensure that the HR function models and promotes an employee-focused, high performance, outcomes-driven culture. The HR generalist also serves as lead for completing administrative processes in the areas of talent acquisition and management (including recruitment and performance management), employee relations, benefits administration, compensation management, learning and development, HR compliance, and HRIS administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of HR Generalist:
- Collaborates effectively with organizational leadership to facilitate the development of HR strategies and tactics that support the organizations priorities, mission, and vision.
- Assists with the development and implementation of staffing plans, including recruitment, reassignments, and terminations.
- Produces and delivers employees’ service contracts, offer letters, and new hire paperwork; facilitates effective delivery of onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Updates employee handbook to reflect the most current HR and organizational policies and procedures.
- Administers the organization’ s compensation management process, including processing of salary increases and performance-based salary adjustments.
- Oversees the collection of employees’ performance evaluation forms.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and benefits communication to employees, including coordinating all facets of the annual open enrollment process.
- Prepares and submits invoices for review, approval, and payment in a timely manner.
- Prepares and completes EEO reporting and other processes to comply with EEO regulations.
- Serves as initial point of contact for employee relations issues; conducts or assists with conducting investigations of staff-related incidents, complaints, and concerns.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of HRIS data, including employee demographics and both recurring and adhoc HR reports.
- Supports department efforts to comply with federal, state, and local HR laws and regulations.
- Facilitates or coordinates staff training, including leadership development in the areas of performance management and compensation planning and administration.
- Advances own knowledge and expertise of HR trends, including departmental and organizational best practices; recommends and implements new approaches, policies, and procedures to improve the efficient delivery of HR services
Requirements and Qualifications of HR Generalist:
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degree in related field, preferred.
- HRCI or SHRM professional designation, preferred (i.e., PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP).
- 5+ years of relevant progressive Human Resources experience, including related experience in a consultative role and a proven ability to meet client expectations and deliver results.
- Previous experience in an urban education setting, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; exhibits strong desire to collaborate with others within and outside of own department and area of expertise.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; proven competence with managing high volumes of documentation in electronic and paper formats.
- Prior experience with providing onsite and remote HR support to staff and stakeholders.
- Broad working knowledge and experience with employment law (PA and NJ), compensation practices, organization development, employee relations, and learning and development.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.