Senior Human Resources Manager
34 W. 27th St. 10th Floor New York, NY 10001
Senior Human Resources Manager:
Senior Human Resources Manager will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and projects across recruiting and hiring, onboarding and offboarding, benefits and payroll administration, performance management, and other key HR initiatives. This person will maintain and enhance human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating policies, programs, and practices, with the goal of delivering excellence in employee engagement and experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Human Resources Manager:
- Manage all functions of human resources department, including on-boarding, benefits administration, policy and procedures, and compliance, for current team
- Administer benefits programs such as medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, and parental leave. Track paid time off, sick leave and other leaves of absence.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements to HR programs and processes to drive efficiencies and enhance the employee experience. Advise on benefit improvements to introduce at company and set long-term roll-out strategy.
- Manage interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, and employee surveys.
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding experiences, ensuring new employees seamlessly assimilate into company culture and leave with a positive experience.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive strategy and execution, aligned with company goals.
- Evaluate transition of company benefits and payroll into a centralized online platform.
- Respond to employee inquiries about all benefit opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the company manufacturer’ s HR manager to ensure equal benefits, policies and opportunities are reflected throughout the company.
- Lead recruitment efforts for a team expecting high growth in 2020/2021.
- Create and update employee resources such as benefit summary documents and welcome packets.
- Support employees on parental leave and develop a robust new parent transition program, including training leave liaisons, establishing return-to-work policies, and providing pregnancy and post-partum education and resources.
- Write directives advising management of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Help plan and execute company events such as holiday parties, retreats, and other celebrations.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, benefits and leaves of absence.
Requirements of the Senior Human Resources Manager:
· Bachelor' s degree from a four-year college or university
· Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Strong mindset for continuous improvement and enhancing the employee experience
· Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done in a high-growth environment
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
· A positive, empathetic, and engaging attitude, and strong sense of ethics and integrity