Our client in Philadelphia is looking for a Staff Accountant. This role will be a valuable member of the accounting team for a luxury consumer goods company. Great team to work with!
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Maintains the general ledger by preparing, posting, and reconciling transactions.
- Posts accounts payable invoices, matches invoices with purchase order receipts, sets up new vendors, and reconciles vendor accounts,
- Communicates with vendors regarding any invoicing discrepancies.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Posts customer payments, communicates with customers regarding unpaid invoices, responds to customers regarding any invoicing discrepancies.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Supports the monthly close process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years related experience
- Expert level Excel (Pivot tables, advanced formulas, macros)