New York, NY
A fast-growing consumer goods company in NYC is in search of a Staff Accountant. This position will be responsible for assisting the accounting department in the completion of accounting and financial tasks and ad hoc projects as necessary. Great team and the company is a fun place to work!
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Accounts receivable (billing/invoicing, tracking rental and other receipts, maintaining and reconciling the A/R aging)
- Recording daily/weekly/monthly accounting data
- Assisting in the weekly settlement, accounts payable and payroll processing, and various other accounting and administration tasks as necessary.
- Assisting in the monthly/quarterly closing process by preparing financial and G/L reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Banking (monitor daily activity, review and reconcile receipts and disbursements, investigate bank differences/errors)
- Preparing and/or maintaining various accounting and management reports and spreadsheets
- Record-keeping and/or reconciling subsidiary and upper tier entities and/or affiliate books, Data entry, and various other ad hoc reports and/or special projects
Qualifications of the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting/finance or similar
- 3+ years accounting experience.
- Excellent Excel and Word skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, trustworthy, and reliable a must. Good communication, organization skills and attention to detail required.