463 Lexington Ave 3rd Fl New York, NY
We are in search of a Staff Accountant to work for our client in. The company provides a variety of accounting services to small and mid-sized business. This opportunity will provide you with a wide exposure to various areas of accounting. A great stepping stone in your career. Company is adding this position due to growth and they have lots of room for growth as well.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
• Performing daily, monthly, annual P&L and Balance Sheet closing reports.
• Process all journal entries as needed.
• Complete bank and account reconciliations.
• Handle AP & AR as well as payroll entries for clients.
• Interact with clients regarding accounting questions.
• Provide assistance with analysis of company’ s financial status.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
• Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance or similar field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting.
• Must have strong QuickBooks experience.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• Excel skills include pivot tables and v-lookups
• Enjoy juggling multiple entities at once.