Trevose, PA 19053
The Staff Accountant position requires strong accounting experience along with analytical and decision-making skills. The Staff Accountant must possess inventory experience as well as overall accounting skills, having some analysis as well. This position will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will have significant interactions with other departments.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
• Ensure accurate completion of monthly account reconciliations.
• Be able to understand, analyze and reconcile inventory cost layers. and drop shipments.
• Be able to review and research book vs. physical inventory variances.
• Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L variance analysis.
• Be able to understand intercompany sales and transfers.
• Participate in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes.
• Support interim and year-end external audit process, inventory appraisals and bank collateral exams.
• Record journal transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
• Follow all internal policies and procedures and communicate exceptions to management.
• Perform other accounting and reporting- related projects as assigned.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting is required.
• 3+ years’ experience in accounting with Inventory experience is required.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the financial statement close process is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
• Strong Excel skills required. SAP, Access, or Business Objects a plus.
• Must abide by all company policies and keep all sensitive information confidential.
• Must be well organized and a self-starter.